Search results

1. Rich B

Nat.gas line pressure test

I have to have a nat gas pipe moved and it will really be just a small change on the main line after it enters the house. There are 3 items supplied by this line. Furnace, water heater and stove. All 3 items have shutoff valves. The meter is outside and has a shutoff before the meter but...
  2. Rich B

Toto Vespin Install

I installed a Toto Vespin over the weekend. A small bathroom I rennovated. The room is not ready for use yet but I was very happy with the ease of installing the unifit and the toilet. I needed every inch of space I could get and had a 13-1/2 rough in. Used the 14" Unifit and it fit perfect to...
  3. Rich B

Toto Vespin

I am about ready to replace a toilet and decided quite a while ago to try the Toto Vespin. When I measure from the existing toilet flange bolts back to the finished tile wall behind the tank I have 13.5" Will a Toto Vespin with the 14" unifit adapter fit? The present toilet sticks out...
  4. Rich B

A Simple question.....Why is there more than one code for plumbing!

I am a general mechanic all my life. I am 62.....Worked in the Automotive field for many years. I have worked in the electro-mechanical field for nearly 20 years. Welders-Generators-related equipment-service-repair-installations..... I find it amusing that plumbing has to be done according to...
  5. Rich B

Does the NSPC allow AAV's ?

I live in a state that uses the NSPC..... I have read some of the code about venting but don't see any reference about the use of an AAV device. I live in an older home that was built with NO proper vent for most of the fixtures in the home. I have corrected some of this by adding a new proper...
  6. Rich B

Service replacement cost

My electric service cable was severed probably by a truck. I came home from work to find this and no one reported it or stopped. The pole is across the street... a 2 lane road and the wires were laying in the street and still live from the transformer on the pole down to the broken cables in the...
  7. Rich B

Stove Hood feed....

I am doing a little kitchen remodel and am adding a stove exhaust hood. I don't have the cabinets or the hood and wanted to run the feed. I have an oulet at about 60-62 inches now directly above where the stove will be. The hoods are usually hard wired, I assume. What is the usual height of a...
  8. Rich B

Basement utility sink pumps?

I am looking at adding a basement utility sink. I don't have a floor drain. The main 4" CI exits the house about 2-3 feet above the floor. I already have a washer drain setup but the standpipe is about 6' high. I do have a proper vent and a p-trap and it works fine. I see the Hartell LTP-1...
  9. Rich B

Walls or floor first ?

I am almost ready to tile a bathroom. It is a 5x8 and was gutted to the studs 2 layers of new plywood on the floor. I am installing Hardiebacker around the tub all the way to the ceiling. 1/2" Green board on the rest of the walls. Should I start with the walls for tiling or the floor? Walls...
  10. Rich B

Bath remodel

I am remodeling a bathroom and was going to try and install a Sterling Accord bathtub/shower wall set. My problem is I have a window that is centered at the back wall. Cutting the back wall surround panel and getting it attached to the wall framing and sealed around that window is my problem...
  11. Rich B

Delta Shower valve install

What is the preferred fittings to use to connect up a Delta tub/shower valve. I am using 1/2" copper and can just solder it but thought maybe there is a better way as the valve has male pipe threads on the inlet and the outlet sides.
  12. Rich B

Tiger Foam Insulation ?

I need to insulate some walls in my house and was considering using Tiger Foam that is offered on their website tigerfoam.com Anyone have any experience with this stuff ? It's pretty expensive but would be very convenient to just inject it into existing walls thru the...
  13. Rich B

Anyone have any sealer tricks....

I installed a new PVC 4x3 closet bend on to a cast iron pipe. I cut the hub off a sanitary bend on it's side as that is what was installed 50 years ago. The pipe curves very quickly behind where the hub was so there is very little area to work with. I dressed it up with a die grinder and cleaned...
  14. Rich B

How does this look?

15. Rich B

Washing machine venting

I have two washing machine drains to plumb and vent. I am upgrading them to the proper size 2" using wyes into a short 4" horizontal C.I. section. I can go straight up with a vent. The two washer drains are seperated by a block wall in the basement, as this is a 2 family house. Can I use 1-1/2...
  16. Rich B

Replace 4" C.I. or leave it alone ??

I have posted on here a few times about the old 2 family home I have.....One side is unoccupied and the walls were removed and I exposed the 4" C.I. drain line. It has one vertical stack and then a horizontal branch that serve 2 bathrooms that are back to back on the second floor. It's worked...
  17. Rich B

Todays plumbing fun....

OK tonight when I got home from work I decided to start working on removing my 50+ year old Kohler cast iron tub........Tried a sawzall with one of those special blades for cast iron.......would have taken forever.....and was clearly a waste of time.......had a 2 lb hammer......gave it a few...
  18. Rich B

Sewer connection to street question?

Right after I first bought my home the town sewer system went into service. I had my home connected and that was in the early 70's. I have an RV, actually a truck camper with a full bathroom. I would love to be able to just connect my camper to my swer line to empty the tanks. I called the town...
  19. Rich B

Use of a Sanitary tee vs wye combo

Can someone explain to me why a sanitary tee on it's side on a horizontal branch is not acceptable. From what I am reading a tee wye combo is what is supposed to be used. My old house has 4" C.I. and the toilets have a short lead bend directly under the flange and then they are connected to the...
  20. Rich B

4" to 3" Question

I have a 2 family home with all 4" cast iron dwv. There are 2 bathrooms on the second floor, back to back. One 4" cast iron horizontal run serves both. 2 toilets, tubs and vanitys. The horizontal run is about 6 feet to the main vertical stack. I need to replace the entire horizontal section and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks