Search results

1. M

Sealing Toilet Bottoms

Thanks John and Gary for your replies. Caulking and leaving the back of the bowl open makes lots of sense and using latex caulk in this application makes sense also.
  2. M

Sealing Toilet Bottoms

Hi, I just bought an American Standard toilet and the instructions say to put a bead of sealant around the toilet base and then turning it over and installing the toilet. I would think that doing that would prevent someone from seeing any leaks if the wax ring leaked and make it harder to...
  3. M

Installing a Toilet flange on porcelain tile floor

I'm redoing my bathroom DIY except for the floor. I have a wooden subfloor that I will have porcelain tiles and backerboard installed on. Is it standard practice to mount the toilet flange on top of the tiles and drill holes through the tiles to the subfloor to fasten the flange or is a product...
  4. M

Replacing a Cast Iron tub drain.

Hi, I have a cast iron tub that I am trying to install the new drain in the attached drawing. The old openings in the tub are 2" diameter. The new drain I bought is 1 1/2" diameter. Are there any adapters to do this? I also need to know if the washer at the drain in the drawing is installed...
  5. M

Bath tub waste & overflow drain installation.

I purchased a drain like the one in the link below and it only came with a part diagram. Does anyone know the proper methods and sequence for it's installation? Does anyone know where I can find a set of installation instructions? I also would like to know if the washer at the drain's elbow...
  6. M

Plumbers - Valve Choice for replacement valves.

Hi, I am going to replace some 30 yo shower faucets with kits from the same company. I figure that there will be no compatibility problems that way. I have a choice of using compression valves like on the original or using 1/4 turn valves using ceramic disc valves. I'm leaning towards the...
  7. M

Identity and help on removal of handles

Thanks Jimbo, I checked Union Brass's Web site and you appear to be correct. From what direction should rocking the handle back and forth be done. Is there a good method to avoid damaging things. Can a hammer be used in some way or prying from the side. I have the exact puller you show...
  8. M

Identity and help on removal of handles

Hi, I'm trying to identify the handles in the photos. They are about 30 yrs. old and have never been removed. I was able to remove the screws with PB Blaster but can't get the handles off. I've used a handle remover but it doesn't help. The long pin on the remover doesn't seem to be long...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks