Bath tub waste & overflow drain installation.

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by motonutz123, Nov 10, 2010.

1. motonutz123

motonutz123 New Member

I purchased a drain like the one in the link below and it only came with a part diagram. Does anyone know the proper methods and sequence for it's installation? Does anyone know where I can find a set of installation instructions? I also would like to know if the washer at the drain's elbow goes at the top of the tub or at the bottom. I have an old cast iron tub with a 2" drain opening. Thanks in advance.

http://www.terrylove.com/pdf/pp_19-020.pdf
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IT goes together just like the drawing shows and ALL gaskets go behind or under the tub. NONE go inside the tub. The installation should be so intuitive that I don't know anywhere to find a step by step procedure. Which is also why the only send a parts breakdown. Put the drain in the bottom of the tub, the overflow at the upper opening, and then do whatever is necessary to connect them to the drain tee.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010