Search results

1. Pimbley

Kohler K-401 Valve questions

Thx hj. Would you use the old valve (5 years old - hardly used)?
  2. Pimbley

Kohler K-401 Valve questions

Hello A while ago I installed a Kohler Mastershower k-401 valve. Works fine but I'm now ripping out the tub and putting in a walk-in shower. Q1) Can I re-use this valve? It happens to be discontinued by Kohler, but not sure that's a problem? Q2) I do now want to use a transfer/diverter...
  3. Pimbley

Vacation and water heater

I always turn my water off at valve even if I leave for a weekend. What am I supposed to do w/ water heater if I do this. Is there danger if I'm gone for a month and water is off but water heater is on. What could happen? Thx! Pimbley
  4. Pimbley

Is Danze any good?

Danze Shower Elbow I wouldn't buy Danze again. Bought their hand shower kit. Their elbow has the worst design I've ever seen. Copper sleeve screws on a 1/2 NPT then the elbow pushes on the sleeve with a couple of seals to prevent leakage - which they don't. Had to buy the Kohler elbow just...
  5. Pimbley

Toto Ultramax product review, comments & pictures

Ditto Just remodelled my downstairs and put in an Ultramax. Works like a champ. Upstairs has a Kohler one-piece. San Rameo, Rialto or something like that. This one constantly clogs. Can not explain why.
  6. Pimbley

1.8" sink drain?

Drill my own drain overflow holes? ok, so called Whtehaus. Asked about the drain, asked for overflow holes, they said "yep". Product came and looks great, but no overflow holes. Can I (try to) drill these myself? Or, will I regret ever trying. Thanks
  7. Pimbley

Leaking valve - new water tank

tank Thx all. I flushed the valve and it has been dry for about 4 hours. But, was intermittent before then so tbd. Given intermittent it may be pressure or temp related. WH is same size but temp may well be higher. I'll turn temp down and see. Also will play with pressure valve...
  8. Pimbley

1.8" sink drain?

1.8 lav drain I will - thx. Whitehaus - Italian made I guess.
  9. Pimbley

Leaking valve - new water tank

I plumbed in my American Standard valve with no problems. No water leaking from the shower end. Dy for about a month (while I slowly drywalled). Then I had my water tank replaced. Now I have an intermitted leak from the shower end. It's not consistent. Is it based on erratic pressure from the...
  10. Pimbley

1.8" sink drain?

European European sink. 1 78/ drain. Funny size I guess.
  11. Pimbley

1.8" sink drain?

Hi, Just picked up a bathroom sink. Has a drain hole that is 1.8 inches (about 1 7/8). Has overflow. Most drains are 1.25". Any guidance on a good drain (need polished chrome) ? Thanks,
  12. Pimbley

Shower Valve Maintenance

Valve in I'm of the same mindset. Trying to think ahead for the bad sweat joints or other. I can get to the back of my valve through the wall behind. I am going to install the valve, note the location and install a small access panel in that rear drywall. The panel won't show too much as the...
  13. Pimbley

sanity check on pb valve install

Cold's on and all is well - thx. Now the drywall and tile!
  14. Pimbley

Sweating tip

Only sharing this because I just battled it! Don't make your last sweat the bottom elbow. That's the one that fills with water from the pipes you sweated above and angled down slightly.
  15. Pimbley

Thx! Can relax a bit!
  16. Pimbley

Sweated in my pb valve and three way diverter. Seems ok. Hooked up the hot inlet and thought I'd check my solder joints on that side before I hook up the cold (in case of redo). So, turned the water. No leaks, but when I turn the valve on not a drip either from the cold inlet (exposed) of...
  17. Pimbley

Sweating new valve

Sweating - thx Thanks. I should be - or can make sure I am - 1" + away. Will also use the damp rag trick. Thx. Pimbley
  18. Pimbley

Sweating new valve

I'm about to install my new valve (American Standard, Pressure Balance). All the ports are threaded so those are straightforward. But, when I sweat the nearby copper tubes to connect to incoming supply, elbows etc., how worried should I be about getting the valve hot. I do not want to...
  19. Pimbley

Valve & diverter combination

Thx Thanks all.
  20. Pimbley

Valve & diverter combination

I'm doing a shower and want a simple pb valve & three way diverter to feed a shower head, hand-held shower and overhead pan. No tub involed. I'm looking at the Kohler k-304 pb valve and k-405 three-way diverter valve. On the pb valve: Documentation says to cap the shower outlet and use the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks