Sweating tip

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Pimbley, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Pimbley

Pimbley New Member

Only sharing this because I just battled it!

Don't make your last sweat the bottom elbow. That's the one that fills with water from the pipes you sweated above and angled down slightly.
  2. CHH

CHH New Member

Agreed, always start low and work your way up. That way the knees and back don't hurt so much when finished. Of course they still hurt but maybe I don't notice it so much when I'm focused on the next joint.

By the same token, always sweat from left to right unless you're Rugged and then I'm sure he sweats from right to left.:D
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

left to right? right to left?

Hey, let's keep the politics out of plumbing!!!
  4. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Naah, he simply goes into a transcendental trance-like state and the pipe sweats itself..."Be one with the pipe....be one with the pipe Wwwaaaaaa...jing ping"
  5. CHH

CHH New Member

So RUGGED is a zen-master plumber? I'm assuming he learned to sweat before learning to not-sweat. How does all this relate to his PRVs, expansion tanks, and NSF checks?
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sweat

If you start sweating from the bottom and work to the top, the rising heat will help preheat the next joint, but if you work from the top down, the excess heat may loosen the joints you have already done.