Is Danze any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I don't think i have ever spoke with anyone who had anything good to say about them.

I had a friend who went to Danze as a salesmen, he came back to me and gave me a kitchen faucet for free to try. Within two weeks i had to take out becuase it was leaking, pullout wasn't coming out.... I then had to go out and buy a new faucet because i threw my old one away.

Pimbley

Reaction score
Danze Shower Elbow

I wouldn't buy Danze again.

Bought their hand shower kit. Their elbow has the worst design I've ever seen. Copper sleeve screws on a 1/2 NPT then the elbow pushes on the sleeve with a couple of seals to prevent leakage - which they don't. Had to buy the Kohler elbow just to stop leaking.

Seems like poor designers.

Pimbley

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danze is a brand of Globe Union Industrial ( Chinese) Faucet Company. This is the same company who brings you Glacier Bay, etc.

Although they are high end ( $$$$$) faucets, sold through "design" showrooms, there have been a lot of complaints on the forums about quality, performance, and parts availability.

I have not personally used them at all, so I am just passing on "rumor central" , if you will. Before you shell out the big bucks, I would do plenty of internet research, and I would ask the supplier who would sell them to you about warranty, and especially do they support parts.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I have installed 3 Danze faucets, two of which I purchased from Canadian Tire here in Canada for my personal use.

The Kitchen faucet was one of their mainstream lines that a customer had purchased (it was stylish but nowhere near one of their super high end $500 kitchen faucets which I was surprised to see that they actually make) and it seemed to be pretty decent, but the method of securing it to the deck was very poor and resulted in a flimsy installation in my opinion.

The other two were mid-quality 3 hole single handle lav faucets. I purchased one in a satin nickel finish for my own bathroom and was fairly pleased with it after the installation. It just so happened that I needed to replace the lav faucet a week or so later in a rental suite, so I replaced it with a chrome finish unit of the same model since the satin nickel faucet was not in stock. A few weeks after I installed the satin nickel finish faucet for myself, the finish began peeling and the faucet gets water stains pretty easily. However every time I see the chrome one in the rental suite, it still looks new like the day I installed it despite being used by 3 different groups of tennants since installation! It is possibly my favorite bathroom faucet and I consider stealing it everytime I go there heh. To this day (approximately 4 years later) I have not experienced any kind of mechanical problem with either faucet, and I have not heard anything from the customer about their faucet having problems.

Oh, and I did do some emergency repairs on a Danze shower faucet for a neighbor...I can say without a doubt that it was a piece of garbage! Everything was made of plastic inside! Even the stems were plastic...so of course it only took so long for the handles to strip.

allnewbath

Reaction score
I didn't realize that Danze Faucets were American made or made in America. I thought when Global Industries, an offshore company, opened up an office in the US and purchased Gerber Plumbing of Skokie, IL. At that time, Global-America, brought in and introduced the Danze line, also produced off shore. They do have a representative office in the Western Surburbs of Chicago.

I wonder if those parts are coming from that Chicago Office or they are waiting for them to be shipped, from abroad.

In all fairness Danze should replace the faucet completely or offer you an equal credit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks