sanity check on pb valve install

Users who are viewing this thread

Pimbley

Reaction score
Sweated in my pb valve and three way diverter. Seems ok.

Hooked up the hot inlet and thought I'd check my solder joints on that side before I hook up the cold (in case of redo).

So, turned the water. No leaks, but when I turn the valve on not a drip either from the cold inlet (exposed) of via the diverter (normal path of water). The not pipe gets warm right down to the valve.

Is this because the valve is pressure balanced, senses there is zero pressure on the cold and stops the hot flowing completely. I'm impressed if so.

Or is this bogus and the valve must be broken?

Thx - Pimbley

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Once in awhile, I've heard stories of jamming it hard to one side with the other supply off will need a little help coming loose again. If so, nothing's broken, but you might have to take things apart to loosen it up. Probably not on a new valve.

Pimbley

Reaction score
Cold's on and all is well - thx.

Now the drywall and tile!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks