Search results

1. Alexdc99

need a different solution

I have a chlorine injection system pumping in to two 120gl retention tanks. From there I have a 2x9 blue GE filter canister that filters out the oxidized iron and other solid that may be inthe line. Due to my higher iron levels in the water I have to change this filter out ever 2 to 3 weeks...
  2. Alexdc99

Hot water tank

I noticed a brownish stain coming from the hot water side of system and tracked it down to the hot water tank. I don't get anything from the cold side. I took the anode rod out and found that it mostly gone, so I am thinking the inside of the tank is starting to rust from water getting at it...
  3. Alexdc99

Water softener question

These are the results from my home water test kit on my well water, Iron - 3ppm Chlorine - 0ppm PH - between 7 and 8 Alkalinity - 230 Hardness - 90ppm (5 grain) Can a standard water softener take care of the iron and hardness or will I need some special treatment. These number don't...
  4. Alexdc99

Leach field pipe

Anyone know if any of the big box stores sells the perforated pipe for a septic leach field. Thanks
  5. Alexdc99

Water softener media and resin

Anyone happen to know a company in Canada I could buy this stuff over the counter, I need some carbon. I know I can easily buy from the US and maybe this is a long shot posting here but worth a shot. Thanks Alex
  6. Alexdc99

Water heater covers

Do they work and save money by insulating the tank from heat loss? I have an electric 40gl and Hydro rates going up 15% next month.
  7. Alexdc99

Whole house filters

I have a blue whole house canister type filter for removing sediment and rust among a few other things. I have a surface well also. After a month or so I start to notice a pressure drop and that tells me it time to change it, this starts to get expensive when I need to change 12 a year. Is...
  8. Alexdc99

Mineral tank question

I have a 8*44 mineral tank that is about 1/2 full of active carbon media, can more be added or is there a certain amount of upper space needed for it to run properly. My control head has a top basket to keep the media from being backwashed out. Thanks
  9. Alexdc99

Pump and tank question

I have a 1/2hp jet pump in the basement hooked up to a WX-202 20gl(total volume) well-x-trol tank. In there sizing chart is keeps referring to a minimum 1 minute pump runtime, when mine runs is for 30 seconds or so. I have the right size tank as per the chart and my pressure on the pump and...
  10. Alexdc99

Chlorine water treatment system

Does anyone know what's in a turbidity filter and how often it needs replacing.
  11. Alexdc99

Tannis filter issues with higher pressure

I had to replace my pressure switch so I installed a 30/50, the old one was a 20/40 and I also up'd the pressure tank to 28. My problem is when I run a bath it seems as though I am putting the water through my tannis filter to fast and it not removing the stain. When I use any other tap...
  12. Alexdc99

Jet pump pressure switch

What's the prefferred method in cleaning the contact ont he switch. I have noticed in the last few days the switch turns on but the contacts don't make a good contact and then the pump won't turn on until I give it a little tap. I have had a switch break years back but this one is still together.
  13. Alexdc99

Changing the pressure

A couple of weeks ago I changed my failed jet pump with a new one and the pressure was set to 20/40, my old one was 30/50. I dropped the bladder tank down to 18 for now but I want to go to 40/60. The instructions on roughly tell me how to go to 30/50. Do I just keep turning the screw and...
  14. Alexdc99

Water softener question

Can I switch to patassium from salt on my Culligan softner. Will it damage anything?
  15. Alexdc99

Sump pump

What's the best way to put a cover over my sump hole. I have the plastic lid but I think with water always in the pit it causes to much moisture in the basement. Thanks
  16. Alexdc99

Pumps keeps going off every hour

pump keeps going off every hour For the last day I have heard the well pump going off every hour or so. I have no leaks so I am thinking my one way valve before the pump is slightly open allowing pressure to return to the well. I have a 30 foot surface well with 1 1" solid line run in to the...
  17. Alexdc99

Water softener question

How can I tell when it's time to get my Brine changed in my salt filter. I seem to have to run a manual re-charge ecen though my water usage has not increased. I had the system installed almost 3 years ago to the day. Thanks
  18. Alexdc99

Water heaters

Does a propane hot water tank cost less to run than an electric model. I mean actual money cost to operate per month.
  19. Alexdc99

Water softener problem

I have my recharge happen at 3am but it never stopped last night. It was still running 3 hours when we woke this morning. Usually it runs for 1 hour. This softner is a Culligan mark 88. Is there anything I can check for before calling them in for service. Thanks
  20. Alexdc99

Cleaning the inside of a hot water tank

Ok, after 6 months of using my well water in my kettle I get a blackish coating on the walls of the kettle. This coating make the water smell slightly..... I'd say dirty. You can kind of smell it when the water is boiling. So I use CLR in it to remove the deposits and were good for another 6...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks