Changing the pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Alexdc99

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I changed my failed jet pump with a new one and the pressure was set to 20/40, my old one was 30/50. I dropped the bladder tank down to 18 for now but I want to go to 40/60. The instructions on roughly tell me how to go to 30/50. Do I just keep turning the screw and viewing the pressure gauge to check for pump turn on pressure. It is very difficult to view the gauge when the pump turns on to get an accurate reading. Should I have any problems running a 40/60 pressure.

Do they sell digital pressure gauges for pumps? That would make it very easy to see.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yes you can keep turning the screws. The short spring is for the high pressure only and will stretch the differential. Like 40/70. Bring the bladder tank up to 38 before turning the pump up to 40/?

Well X Trol has just come out with a digital pressure switch. I am not impressed though. Stay with the old tried and true analog gauge.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
When you move the larger nut up or down, you change the on and off pressure together. The short one only effects the off pressure.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks