Chlorine water treatment system

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Alexdc99, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Alexdc99

Alexdc99 New Member

Does anyone know what's in a turbidity filter and how often it needs replacing.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

There are many types of media that can be used. In some instances you can rule out some based on what the filter is supposed to be removing from the water.

You replace whatever it is when needed, and that's when the filter can't do its job anymore. Of course you or a dealer should troubleshoot the filter to make sure the mineral is responsible for the problem.
  3. Alexdc99

Alexdc99 New Member

One other question, if during the chlorine treatment I have normal (7.2 or 3 ph) but after the chlorine is removed I now have low ph, say maybe low 6's. What could cause it to go so low during the different processes. After everything my chlorine is 0, hardness is 0 and iron is 0.

Thanks
  4. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I suspect the raw water pH test result is invalid. Iron can interfer with a pH test.

Otherwise I have no idea why the treated water pH would be so much lower. Chlorine raises pH.