sump pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Alexdc99, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Alexdc99

Alexdc99 New Member

What's the best way to put a cover over my sump hole. I have the plastic lid but I think with water always in the pit it causes to much moisture in the basement.

Thanks
  2. mission impossible

just get yourself a de-humidifier and forget
    about it....

you can try a radon type lid if you must attempt it

but you will never seal that lid good enough to block all
    the moisture

and even if you could , then you can figure the
    sump pump will break next week and you will have to
    tear it all out and re-do it again...
  3. rburt5

rburt5 Member

sump pump cover

I just put a cover on mine because it is in my workshop and I didn't want saw dust falling into the pit and ruining my pump. Plus, I have a 2-year-old son that I didn't want falling in. I cut a 21 inch circle out of a scrap plywood with a notch for the pipe. Then I cut a 5x8 hole out of the middle and put plexy glass over it. That way I could keep track of the water level inside. The whole project cost me $3.00 (for the plexy glass) and took about 20 minutes to complete. It works fine so far.