Water softener media and resin

Users who are viewing this thread

Alexdc99

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know a company in Canada I could buy this stuff over the counter, I need some carbon. I know I can easily buy from the US and maybe this is a long shot posting here but worth a shot.

Thanks
Alex

Alexdc99

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Gary, I contacted R-Can and they put me in contact with a reseller local to me who I can purchase it from.

Thanks
Alex

On a side note, I haven't removed my 8 * 44 mineral tank yet, any ideas on how much carbon is in there? Maybe 1cu/ft or less. I just want to try and figure out how much I might need to buy.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Should be just under one cubic foot. You will probably have to buy a cubic foot bag anyway.

Is this a backwashable filter?

bob...

Alexdc99

Reaction score
It is a backwash filter, runs every three days. The company I called sells them in 1cu/ft bags. So one should di it for me then.

Thanks

Alexdc99

Reaction score
I'll give water depot a call in the morning. I haven't picked up the carbon yet.

The carbon is used to remove the chlorine that I inject in to the water stream to treat the iron I have in my water. Carbon will remove all the chlorine from the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks