winterizing a house

Users who are viewing this thread

fast pasquale

hardwood flooring contractor
Reaction score
i live in cleveland ohio.... i have a bunch of rental properties and have a few vacancies right now... my question is do i have to completely winterize the house if i am not intrested in keeping the heat on or can shut off the water to one side of the unit (vacant side)..bleed all the pipes from the top down... pour a bit of antifreeze in the traps and toilets and be done with it.. or will i have freezing issues... its been getting as cold as 27 F at night...but the other side of the house has full heat... i noticed the lowest it has gone ....in the vacant side has been about 42 F... what do you think?? thanks so much

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you take a compressor and blow out all your water lines after you have turned off power / gas then drained your water heater. And replace all the water in the traps with RV antifreeze. Then you can turn off all heat on 1 side and not worry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks