Will this drain vent layout work...

Users who are viewing this thread

mailman62

Reaction score
wanted to bounce this layout plan for new bath off someone ,thinking of changing the pipe from shower to toilet to 3 in and putting the cleanout closer to shower trap ,would that cause me any problems? also what kind of tee would be best at toilet , thanks any help on this would be great.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 669

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The WYES for the vents should be turned the other way. The shower vent must be vertical from the trap arm to a point at least 42" above the floor. The shower drain should be 2" and I would tie it
into the 3" line using a wye downstream of the water closet.

mailman62

Reaction score
ok so you would suggest running the shower drain past the toilet and main vent then tie in to main waste line there am I correct. also where would you suggest for cleanouts one just before the toilet where the main waste line would end ? and one up on the shower drain area also ? thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The cleanouts need to be placed where they are accessible. If this is bath has a basement below, I would place an accessible clean out at the end of each line.

Last edited:

Construction_Zone

Reaction score
That shower vent is called a flat vent and is illegal in most areas. If that drain backs up, debris may flow up into that vent and become lodged. It would be acceptable if a sink were located upstream from that flat section because the drain water flow would keep it open.

But I'm no expert. This is what i have learned from the folks here while re doing my bathroom.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Why do you show a short section of 1 1/2" pipe between the 2" and 3". As for your drawing, I am not sure if you are trying to do an isometric or a 2 dimensional drawing in 3 dimensions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks