White pebbles in hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

rogera

Reaction score
I have a Noritz always hot water heater. My faucets are dripping. When I clean the components of the faucets I find white pebbles. What or how does this happen and what can I do to stop this from happening. I already had to replace a bath shower faucet due to constant dripping.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have (really) hard water? A tankless WH has a quite intense flame so that it can raise the water temperature a lot in a short distance (think hand through a flame - to be effective at heating, it has to be a blowtorch!). If you have hard water, this can cause some of the minerals to precipitate out. The thermal expansion/contraction in the heat exchanger can cause them to break off into the water stream. Take some, dry them out, then pour in some common vinegar. See if they dissolve over night. If so, you might want to install a water softener.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks