Where can I find an over-size surround 64" length replacement for my bathroom?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by johnjmcg, Sep 11, 2011.

  1. johnjmcg

    johnjmcg New Member

    Sep 11, 2011
    Westborough, NY
    Do any major retailers or manufacturers have surrounds for my 64" tub area. The old one cracked and I need a good PVC type replacement with a few shelves. Thank you. John M from MA
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Tubs are generally sold in 6" increments, rough-opening measured to the studs (not the finished walls), so it is highly unlikely that you have a 64" surround, it is almost certainly a 66" one. These are usually part of the tub, and not an add-on, so often are not available separately. Now, you could have something like a solid-surface one custom made out of Corian, Silestone, etc. any size you want. If your tub model is still being made (unlikely), you might be able to buy a direct replacement for it, but parts costs may be as much as a whole new tub. The alternative would be to possibly tile the area, but it may be less expensive to just replace the tub with a new one and its matching surround.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Where find
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Bath sink with 2" drain hole...where can I find a drain? Jul 27, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Where can I find code on p-trap for PA? Apr 14, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Any idea where I can find this stem? Jul 19, 2013
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Portable Dishwasher problem, can't find the answer anywhere! May 19, 2013
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice where to find parts for old old faucet? Aug 24, 2012

Share This Page