What would be the most efficient way to plumb this (Ipc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Omolo

Reaction score
3379558C-5544-46E4-A396-FE3F3965BFF0.jpeg

So the stack comes up in line with the Water Closet.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
So the stack comes up in line with the Water Closet.
You need to be a more specific as to the exact stack location you want to connect all the drains to. Can you draw a circle on the floor plan representing the stack location (its cross section)?

Also, what is the structure below floor (slab or framing), and if framing, what size and style of joists, and which way do they run?

Cheers, Wayne

Omolo

Reaction score
You need to be a more specific as to the exact stack location you want to connect all the drains to. Can you draw a circle on the floor plan representing the stack location (its cross section)?

Also, what is the structure below floor (slab or framing), and if framing, what size and style of joists, and which way do they run?

Cheers, Wayne
Stack comes up behind the toilet. It’s all wood framings. The joists run parallel with the toilet

Omolo

Reaction score

Cheers, Wayne

Attachments

• 51286868-1613-44A3-A4E7-334A9F564CAB.jpeg
    51286868-1613-44A3-A4E7-334A9F564CAB.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 48

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
So, I don't know if it's advisable, but the IPC would let you vent everything via a single 1.5" dry vent for the double lavs. E.g. per the drawing below, where:

-Red is 3", Blue is 2", and Green is 1.5".
- Circles are vertical pipes at the floor level, i.e. the vented double lav drain, the shower and tub drains, the closet flange, and the stack
- I accidentally drew the drain running left-right on the page too low, so the closet flange is off center, but that's not intentional.
- The tub and shower trap arms are limited to 2" in drop, and hence a maximum length of 8', which is only possible if you get the slope at a perfect 1/4" per foot.
- I chose a 2" trap for the tub because a 1-1/2" trap would be limited to 1-1/2" of drop on the trap arm, and hence 6' of maximum length
- The branch drain must be 3" for the portion carrying the shower, tub, and 2 lavs, because it is wet venting the WC and over 4 DFU.

Cheers, Wayne

Attachments

• 3379558C-5544-46E4-A396-FE3F3965BFF0.jpeg
    3379558C-5544-46E4-A396-FE3F3965BFF0.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 51
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks