What to do if Culligan can't fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mo3ky

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm paying through the nose to rent a system from Culligan that isn't doing the job. I've called them out twice in the past 1.5 years and both times they've told me the water is fine. Trouble is, I'm still using a filter on the tap in the kitchen because the water smells metallic and leaves orange stains. Guests have complained about the smell when showering, yet Culligan was here last week and said there's nothing wrong with it. I've contacted the city and they say they don't service my area; I'm desperate to find an alternative! Does well water ever truly get clean? Does anybody have suggestions for improvement?

Reach4

Reaction score
What do you have from Culligan... not model number, but function?

Is your smell mostly from the hot water? Some remove the anode, but that hurts water heater life. I use a powered anode which will not react to help produce H2S, but it protects like a magnesium rod.

There are devices that can deal with conditions including H2S sulfur smell. I suggest you get a lab test on your raw water. I like kit 60 from http://www.karlabs.com/watertestkit/ It does not test for H2S, but your nose does.

I suggest you sanitize your well. Some do it annually. If you do it better, I think it should not be needed so often.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks