What size softener and iron filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

J.A.R.V.I.S.

Reaction score
Household info:
•3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. However, we plan to add 2 more bedrooms and 1 more bath in the next couple years.
•6 people (4 kids/babies)
•Well pump flow rate: 21 gpm
•Hardness: 241.43 mg/L
•Iron: 0.90 mg/L
•Manganese: 27.1 mg/L
•pH: 7.92
•Sulfate: 11.78 mg/L

I got a full water test done so if you want to see the results of anything else, let me know.

I'm considering the Pentair Iron Reduction System and water softener. Home Depot lists them as for "3 to 4 bathrooms", which is more than we have now but I don't want an undersized system when we eventually add a 3rd bathroom. The iron filter is 1.5 cu. ft. and the softener is 48,600 grains. Are there any problems with getting something larger than we currently need?

While you're here, how does the Pelican softener compare to the Pentair branded one? The price is comparable and they're both made by Pentair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks