What is actually displayed on the Fleck 5600sxt display?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaron R

Reaction score
With help from this forum I installed and setup my Fleck 5600sxt water softener last weekend. I have the reserve gallons set to 180 (3 person household). Before taking showers last night I looked at the display and it said I had 115 gallons remaining... However the faucet icon was not blinking. I thought maybe the icon doesn't blinking until it is closer to regen time or something so I passed it off. This morning I went to see how the regen went and it says 41 gallons remaining.

The general question is, does the display show actual gallons remaining or gallons remaining until scheduling a regen (actual minus reserve)?

Reach4

Reaction score
gallons remaining or gallons remaining until scheduling a regen (actual minus reserve)?
On my 5810 softener, the display counts down to one at some point. Then it flashes the faucet icon, indicating that the softener will regen at the RT time. It also starts another countdown on the display, beginning at the reserve gallon amount. That number gets prefixed with a letter -- maybe "R". I don't remember for sure. It may work the same for the 5600SXT, but I am pretty confident that a display of "400" indicates that it has 400 gallons to go before it is into the reserve.

My 5600SXT is a timed controller for an iron+H2S filter, so it has no meter.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
can you set your 5600SXT to CR instead of RC? If so, do it. This is an algorithmic reserve that is "smart".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks