Help with Fleck 5600sxt leak

Users who are viewing this thread

imy

Reaction score
I have a Fleck 5600sxt water softener which was installed new about 5 years ago. No issues with it but last few times after regen I have seen salt water marks which tells me there is a leaks somewhere. Since regen occurs at 3am in the morning can't tell what stage and where exactly the leak is.
Summer in TX this year is quite hot and the 500sxt sitting in the garage which has been in mid 90s during the day for last couple of months. Not sure if it had any impact here.

Posting a few pictures of the leak marks I have found, One location is n and out connection with salt water marks(most likely spray from somewhere) Bottom of the head and dripping of salt water to the side of the tank.
Need advice how to troubleshoot and what most likely is the cause.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WS Connection.jpg
    WS Connection.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 63
  • WS Tank.jpg
    WS Tank.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 62
  • WS Head.jpg
    WS Head.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 67

Reach4

Reaction score
Is that white deposit the total accumulation in five years, or did you rinse and wipe the white away before the most recent regen?

You can trigger an immediate regen whenever you want. Ideally the count-down number will be fairly low when you do that, in order to waste much salt in the process.

imy

Reaction score
Is that white deposit the total accumulation in five years, or did you rinse and wipe the white away before the most recent regen?

You can trigger an immediate regen whenever you want. Ideally the count-down number will be fairly low when you do that, in order to waste much salt in the process.
I look at head unit when ever I fill the salt which is every 2 to 3 months. I recently noticed few weeks ago and so it is recent. I cleaned the marks and then last regen 10 days ago they were there. Strange part is the salt marks are at different locations which does not make sense. On IN and OUT hoses connections but also on the bottom of the head which is opposite side of those connections. Only way I can think is the water is splashing upwards and falling all over the place.
Since marks are off salt water is it safe to assume it happens when it is drawing in brine? or could be another stage as well.

I wanted to avoid doing a manual regen but I can try, one is due in about 2-3 days based on the gallons of water left.

Reach4

Reaction score
I wanted to avoid doing a manual regen but I can try, one is due in about 2-3 days based on the gallons of water left.
The count down continues below 1. I think there is maybe an "r" (for reserve) or something that appears, and the count starts upward. If at 2 or 3 am, you are into the reserve, it regenerates. My point is that you can let it count down into the reserve if you are trying to maximize salt utilization.. So if you checked the display every night before bed, you could wait until closer to the last minute if you are so inclined.

imy

Reaction score
Yes it has about 200 gallons left so probably do regular in 1 or 2 days. I guess no way to find but do a manual regen when no one is home or using water.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes it has about 200 gallons left so probably do regular in 1 or 2 days. I guess no way to find but do a manual regen when no one is home or using water.
It is OK if others are home, but the water coming out of the softener will bypass the softening. For flushing toilets a few times, no big deal. Just don't take showers or do laundry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks