Wet venting toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

paradoxum

Reaction score
Greetings,

Great forum. I'm in the midst of a basement bathroom reno. According to what I found on this forum and elsewhere I can wet vent the WC via a 2" pipe running to the sink if the toilet trap arm is within 72" of the vent. Now, is that distance to the vertical portion of the vent, or any portion of what can be considered a vent? Please see attached pic. I ran a 3" pipe upstream of where my WC arm connects to allow for lots of air volume. I'm at 72" from point A to point D on my picture. Downstream of point A is a 4" sewer pipe. Technically speaking, does my vent for the WC start at point A or B?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 350

paradoxum

Reaction score
How you have it, the lav wet vents the toilet.

Yup and there will be a 1 1/2" dry vent going up to the ceiling from the lav (then horizontal run with 1/4" rise to the stack). Do you think I'm ok the way things are (according to code)?

Last edited:

paradoxum

Reaction score
For anyone looking for the same info in the future. According to these links, the Ontario code does not limit the length of wet vents:

http://www.buildingcode.online/1076.html
https://www.jaytechplumbing.com/2013/01/wet-venting/

"(l) the length of the wet vent is not limited."

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in my scenario from the toilet flange to point A is my trap arm. From point A to point B is the distance to my wet vent (about 3 feet). Based on UPC code distance/diameter requirements, my setup should be fine.

UPC Code

2" shower trap arm, 60" to vent
1.5" tub trap arm, 42" to vent.
1.5" trap arm for lav, 42" to vent.
3" trap arm, 72" to vent.
4" trap arm, 120" to vent, except for a toilet which would still be 72".

Attachments

• bath2.jpg
    bath2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

xasm

Reaction score
My understanding was that you aren't allowed to have a flat vent in Ontario...the portion from FtoC would be considered a flat vent in this case. Why not use the vent for the lav as the wet vent as well for the shower?

Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks