Wet venting toilet from shower drain

Discussion in 'IPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by Steven Ford, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Steven Ford

Steven Ford New Member

Hello. New to the forum and first time DIY plumbing on my house. I attached my layout I was hoping to go with but have a couple questions I hope to get some answers to and of course any other problems or suggestions are welcome as well.

1) Can I use the shower vent and drain as a wet vent for the toilet?

2) Just to clarify the IPC code on horizontal venting I cant seem to find - the vent can run horizontal 6" above the flood level of the "fixture being served" or highest fixture. So just to make sure my tub vent can run horizontal once its above the rim of the tub since the vent only serves the tub and does not connect to the other vent pipes until well above any other fixture? Put another way it doesn't have to be above the sink flood level as long as the sinks have their own separate vent?

Attached Files:

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Yes.

https://wabo.memberclicks.net/assets/pdfs/Plumbing_Venting_Brochure_2018.pdf may help, although the page 12 example uses lavatories to vent the system.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement