Wet vent wye roll?

Users who are viewing this thread

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
On the wet vent connection for the WC (called a 3x3x2 wye), there's no venting upside to having more pitch than 2% on the branch inlet / wet vent. But it's OK to have a little more pitch if that makes the install simpler somehow.

On the elevation sketch, the right side is cut off, and that's the important side. The rule is that the part of the drain that is carrying both lavs, and is a wet vent for the WC, needs to be 2". The dry vent for the lavs (and ultimately WC) can be 1-1/2", as can any wet vent portion that that is only carrying one lav.

Cheers, Wayne

ItHasBeenYears

Reaction score
On the wet vent connection for the WC (called a 3x3x2 wye), there's no venting upside to having more pitch than 2% on the branch inlet / wet vent. But it's OK to have a little more pitch if that makes the install simpler somehow.

On the elevation sketch, the right side is cut off, and that's the important side. The rule is that the part of the drain that is carrying both lavs, and is a wet vent for the WC, needs to be 2". The dry vent for the lavs (and ultimately WC) can be 1-1/2", as can any wet vent portion that that is only carrying one lav.

Cheers, Wayne
Thanks, Wayne. Not sure what happened with the photo. Yes, I planned to use 2 inch from the 3x3x2 wye up to the branch vent sanitary tee. I believe I can go 1.5 above from the sanitary tee with the 18 inch trap arm.

You are very much appreciated.

Tom

Attachments

• 6147972B-60EB-43C2-B01E-32029AF96402.jpeg
    6147972B-60EB-43C2-B01E-32029AF96402.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 75

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The wall elevation looks good.

FWIW, from the upper san-tee on the right to the combo below it the IPC allows a 1-1/2" wet vent. So you could use a 1-1/2" san-tee and a 2x1-1/2x1-/2 combo. But a 2x1-1/2x1-1/2 san-tee and a 2x2x1-1/2 combo is also fine.

Cheers, Wayne

ItHasBeenYears

Reaction score
The wall elevation looks good.

FWIW, from the upper san-tee on the right to the combo below it the IPC allows a 1-1/2" wet vent. So you could use a 1-1/2" san-tee and a 2x1-1/2x1-/2 combo. But a 2x1-1/2x1-1/2 san-tee and a 2x2x1-1/2 combo is also fine.

Cheers, Wayne
Thank you very much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks