Well water

Users who are viewing this thread

Cadams

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I noticed my well water color changing when setting a tub. It came out clear then after about 5 minutes it turns black. I poured some bleach and it cleared up to a yellow color. I then put more water into a bucket and it turned black again. This time I used peroxide and again it cleared up. I'm assuming it's some sort of bacteria.

What would cause this and how can I fix this?

We usually just use our well water to water grass and out small garden. The garden part is what's concerning.

Thanks in advance.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sounds like iron bacteria. Not easy to get rid of. It grows in the pours on the pipe and casing. Have to kill it layer by layer. Aeration of the water helps. Talk to the old driller in Georgia that sells the Sulfur Eliminator. Might be the easiest way for you to clean up the well.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
We usually just use our well water to water grass and out small garden. The garden part is what's concerning.
SRB and IRB are not pathogenic/harmful to people or animals.

What does "setting a tub" mean-- using the water to mix mortar?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks