Well water Pump Turing on too frequently

Users who are viewing this thread

Chrism2244

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a house with well water. There was low pressure in all the faucets so i redid the piping between the pressure switch and the storage tank (something was clogged). I also added a pressure relief valve and relocated the drain. Attached are before and after pictures.

This fixed the pressure in the faucets. However, the well pump turns on now even if you flush a toilet. The pressure meter stays steady at 55 psi, then immediately drops to 40 psi a few seconds after water is used (the pressure jumps down, not a steady decline). At this point, the pump turns on.

I filled the Air part of the tank to about 52 psi just after redoing the piping before turning on the well. I think the air and water are still separate as when i knock on the top side i can tell it is air inside.

I think the problem is the pressure switch but I am not sure. Thanks for your time,
Chris

Attachments

• New Piping.JPG
    New Piping.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Old Setup.JPG
    Old Setup.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 247

ThirdGenPump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Turn the ball valve off to the house, Shut power off the the pump. Drain off all the pressure using a hose on the hose spigot. Leave the spigot open.

Check the air pressure in the tank. It should be 38psi. If it is low charge it up, if it is high let some out.

Turn power back on. Shut the hose spigot. See that it comes up to 60psi and shuts off. Open the hose spigot see if the pump turns on at 40psi. Cycle it a few times before turning it back on to the house.

If you get different results or this doesn't solve the issue check back in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks