Well pump to sprinkler timer switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bryon Bullock

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Using an old well pump that sat dormant for 5 yrs - we're using it for irrigation purposes only. Our pump was installed in the 80's and has no pressure tank. I believe it has a pressure switch but a friend came over to check why it wouldn't turn on and said the switch was siezed, so he electrically bypassed the switch so we could test the pump manually. The pump still works great and puts out 15 GPM @ 30 PSI, with a 90 no-flow PSI.

I heard "they" make a stand-alone switch that will turn our well pump on/off in synchronization with a sprinkler timer (that is separate from the sprinkler timer). IE sprinkler timer kicks on the first cycle which then turns the pump on, sprinklers turn off, pump turns off.

Does anyone know what this is called?

Any info is appreciated, thank you.

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks