Well learned what flat vents are, please review and tell me how to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jbrk

Reaction score
Mr. Master,

Just some thoughts, because the builder in me can't help myself.

If this is a basement, I think you should put a floor drain in somewhere. Whether for the dog wash area, or the bathroom floor or both, just in case. Water based trap primers as great, for $50 plus some tubing you can do multiple floor drains, but also consider Sureseal. I have no experience with this product though. I can feel the plumbers stink eye on me while writing this.

Also, you said in your first post this is all going to a sump pump? I hope you mean an effluent pump. A normal sump pump won't handle the shit that goes down a toilet and shower. Let alone 2 of them. Plus, most sump basins aren't sealed. You don't want shit sitting in there and stinking up the place.

Last edited:

Master of None

Reaction score
Also, you said in your first post this is all going to a sump pump? I hope you mean an effluent pump. A normal sump pump won't handle the shit that goes down a toilet and shower. Let alone 2 of them. Plus, most sump basins aren't sealed. You don't want shit sitting in there and stinking up the place.

Sorry, have a sump pump for the waterproofing and a poo pump that is sealed for the sewer system.
IMG_20191117_162847.jpg IMG_20191117_152018.jpg

Did my best to follow the plan.

Let me know if y'all see any issues.

Thank you

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry, have a sump pump for the waterproofing and a poo pump that is sealed for the sewer system.
View attachment 57181 View attachment 57182

Did my best to follow the plan.

Let me know if y'all see any issues.

Thank you

You either added a laundry sink or a stand pipe. the toilet is the only wet vented fixture, every other fixture has its own vent, so, I don't see any problems with it. I was trying to get you to offset your tub vents from the center of the tub so they didn't interfere with your shower valves.... Take the proper GRADE and FILL DIRT COMPACTION under your drains very serious because after the concrete is poured you can't fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_20191117_152018.jpg
    IMG_20191117_152018.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 140

Master of None

Reaction score
You either added a laundry sink or a stand pipe. the toilet is the only wet vented fixture, every other fixture has its own vent, so, I don't see any problems with it. I was trying to get you to offset your tub vents from the center of the tub so they didn't interfere with your shower valves.... Take the proper GRADE and FILL DIRT COMPACTION under your drains very serious because after the concrete is poured you can't fix it.

I added a sink. I tried to offset the vents the best I felt comfortable. I fully understand the proper need for compaction and I'm making sure it's tamped well.

I truly appreciate your help in making sure I didn't make a mistake!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks