Weil-McLain GV-4 won't fire

Users who are viewing this thread

joslinm

Reaction score
I have a Weil-McLain GV-4 series 1 that won't go past fan running with only the power light lighting.
After a few recycles, I did get it to light and heat for about 15 minutes, then it shut down again. Lights began to flash, but unfortunately I didn't notice which ones.
Made an inquiry at the local heating supply store and they suspected leaking air pressure switch supply lines.
Does this sound like that and where do I start?
Thanks

Last edited:

joslinm

Reaction score
The guy at your local heating supply store and I have the same thoughts. Have you already contacted your contractor/a professional to take a look at your unit? It is the best thing to do for now.
Was hoping to fix myself.

Dory Riemer

Reaction score
I feel you, getting professional help can be pricey at times when we can do the repairs by ourselves. Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to help, my knowledge on air pressure switch maintenance is quite limited. I found the pdf for unit's manual though where you can find some tidbits on how to troubleshoot the air pressure switch if there are any issues here http://www.weil-mclain.com/sites/default/files/field-file/gv-series-4-manual_1.pdf (that is if you don't have the actual manual you got from acquiring the unit).