Weil Mclain Boiler disable one zone temorarily

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a weil mclain gas boiler with 4 zones and I want to temporarily disable one zone by cutting power to the thermostat by disconnecting the yellow wire from the zone valve that's connected to the red wire from the thermostat. I will cap off the yellow wire with a wire nut so it doesn't short out on anything when I turn the power back on. I will probably re-enable that zone at some point in the future and change the thermostat. But for now, is what I'm describing a quick and safe solution to simply disable that zone? It won't cause any problems with the other 3 zones or the boiler in general, is that correct? I'm simply cutting power to the thermostat which means it will never call for heat = zone disabled. Thank you in advance.

Fitter30

Reaction score
If the valve is normally closed it will work. Leave a note on the valve what was done in just in case it mite be a while for reconnection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks