Weil-McLain GV-4 won't fire

Users who are viewing this thread

joslinm

Reaction score
I have a Weil-McLain GV-4 series 1 that won't go past fan running with only the power light lighting.
After a few recycles, I did get it to light and heat for about 15 minutes, then it shut down again. Lights began to flash, but unfortunately I didn't notice which ones.
Made an inquiry at the local heating supply store and they suspected leaking air pressure switch supply lines.
Does this sound like that and where do I start?
Thanks

Last edited:

joslinm

Reaction score
The guy at your local heating supply store and I have the same thoughts. Have you already contacted your contractor/a professional to take a look at your unit? It is the best thing to do for now.
Was hoping to fix myself.

Dory Riemer

Reaction score
I feel you, getting professional help can be pricey at times when we can do the repairs by ourselves. Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to help, my knowledge on air pressure switch maintenance is quite limited. I found the pdf for unit's manual though where you can find some tidbits on how to troubleshoot the air pressure switch if there are any issues here http://www.weil-mclain.com/sites/default/files/field-file/gv-series-4-manual_1.pdf (that is if you don't have the actual manual you got from acquiring the unit).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks