Watts water pressure reducing valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Silversaver

Reaction score
I have a Watts water reducing valve LF 25AUB S DU Z3 1 1/4 that need to be replace. Since the union fitting is already there so I save some money and order the replace unit without the fitting as LF 25AUB DU-LF-Z3. The description says No O Rings and No Gasket. I am wondering if I need to purchase the o rings or gasket before replacing the unit. I had replace it 10 years ago and I order the same unit came with o ring pre installed. I recall I trash the union fitting since I am using the old fittings. I do not recall because it is very long time on how the o ring or gasket looks or needs.

I am wondering what kind of o ring or gasket do I need for the union fitting.

Thank you

Watts.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't remember either which one it uses. I think its an o-ring? buy the regulator measure the o ring size order from an industrial o-ring supplier for almost nothing I see them for 25 bucks for a watts original. good luck walking into a place in Orange County.
I ordered o-rings from nearby Rancho Cucamonga or Fontana , perhaps Ontario found on line I needed around total pieces10 or 12 of several sizes under 20 bucks included shipping . if a rubber gasket preserve the old or make one

Silversaver

Reaction score
I was plan on using the old o ring if I cannot source the new one in time. I found the o ring parts number on Watts website, but it will take 2+ weeks to arrive. I will be receiving the new regulator today perhaps try Home Depot and see if I can find a proper size o ring that can be use.

Silversaver

Reaction score
What is the problem with the old regulator? If too little flow, clean the filter. If too much pressure, then maybe a rebuild kit.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Watts-0864944-1-1-4-25AUB-RK-Repair-Kit
Or replace, as you planned.
The rubber seal probably gone bad. Pressure increase slowly after shut off faucet and drop when turn on. The regulator isn't doing its job anymore. Repair/rebuild kit is nice but found an open box unit for $200 and go that direction instead save the trouble. I just learn it doesn't come with o ring..

Reach4

Reaction score
Your classic local hardware store may have a good selection of O-rings behind the counter.

When you use your O-rings, lube with suitable silicone grease. I like Molykote 111, but there are other choices that come in much smaller packages. 5.3 ounces is a supply for more than one lifetime for most.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe Mcfadden Dale hardware I have only been there a couple times its in Santa Ana.
A lot of high water pressure in south county those valves don't last forever

Silversaver

Reaction score
I have manage find a 1 7/8 OD o ring to fit into 2' OD and works well from Home Depot. Installation is easy, but the regulator received is a bad unit. It is frustrated to find out after it is installed. According to seller he bought it years ago but did not install it because he bought the wrong one....

The old unit I had for 10 years were from eBay too... now I am searching for a new regulator.....

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, there is the rebuild route my guess close to 200 bucks for kit. I wouldn't buy used unless its dirt cheap and I needed the housing

Silversaver

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, there is the rebuild route my guess close to 200 bucks for kit. I wouldn't buy used unless its dirt cheap and I needed the housing
I thought about the rebuild route, but don't want any surprise if I screw up haha. Too bad I have toss away the old broken unit already otherwise I'll definitely going that rebuild route. I have order an new unit from FaucetDepot will save the old unit for future DIY job. I have look locally but nothing is available.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Probably a 750 dollar job down in OC assuming an honest guy . so your still ahead of the game. plus you'll be able to take care of next one

Silversaver

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff

I actually call a local guy but he wants $1000 for the 1 1/4"replacement job.I did the replacement about 10 yrs ago and it is straight forward since it is just bolt on the union fittings. I thought I was lucky to spot one open box on eBay for $200 but did not know the unit was bad. It is a no return unit but the seller accepts return which I believe he is honest. I found at FaucetDepot in Carson has the regulator in stock so I ordered it for $460 shipped to my door. It is basically a 5 to 10 min job.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe try h
Hajoca Irvine , Garden Grove other locations , I needed a specific watts 1 1/4 few months back saved a good chunk at Hajoca, Sometimes its ridicule's the savings one place over another I almost drove 40 miles to save like 100 bucks but then Hajoca price came out even cheaper and half the distance. Ferguson was through the roof high for me.
Easy job with a exact replacement shopping around PIA but how can you not?

Silversaver

Reaction score
Maybe try h
Hajoca Irvine , Garden Grove other locations , I needed a specific watts 1 1/4 few months back saved a good chunk at Hajoca, Sometimes its ridicule's the savings one place over another I almost drove 40 miles to save like 100 bucks but then Hajoca price came out even cheaper and half the distance. Ferguson was through the roof high for me.
Easy job with a exact replacement shopping around PIA but how can you not?
Hi,

Not sure how much saving you got, but I am happen with FaucetDepot. Order Monday and deliver today. Just got it installed..

2.jpg.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks