Watts 374A

Users who are viewing this thread

Edward Quinn

Reaction score
Anyone had a bad lot of Watts 374A pressure relief valves. I have that Weil McClain furnace and Beckett. I have replaced again the Amtrol 30 expansion tank and checked the charge right on 15PSI and the air vent on top of the air scoop as well. But the relief valve is still leaking. This is new about 2 weeks old the new temp and pressure gauge says 17 PSI operating pressure. I have watched it run a dozen times never gets close to 20 PSI at top temp but the relief pipe is drip drip drip. I tried flushing it repeatedly thinking maybe some junk got into it no change though. Heat is great tankless is great and if I shut the feed off it drops to about 12PSI on the guage and stops leaking. Any Ideas I am open to them got me stumped.

Thanks you

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Anyone had a bad lot of Watts 374A pressure relief valves. I have that Weil McClain furnace and Beckett. I have replaced again the Amtrol 30 expansion tank and checked the charge right on 15PSI and the air vent on top of the air scoop as well. But the relief valve is still leaking. This is new about 2 weeks old the new temp and pressure gauge says 17 PSI operating pressure. I have watched it run a dozen times never gets close to 20 PSI at top temp but the relief pipe is drip drip drip. I tried flushing it repeatedly thinking maybe some junk got into it no change though. Heat is great tankless is great and if I shut the feed off it drops to about 12PSI on the guage and stops leaking. Any Ideas I am open to them got me stumped.

Thanks you

Sounds like either a defective valve seat or a hunk of grit got permanently lodged in the valve seat.

Edward Quinn

Reaction score
Bought a 2nd one at Webbs and it leaks also went back to Lowes with the first and the plumbing manager said they had a bad batch gave me a full refund no questions asked. They pulled their stock and sent it back. Is there an alternative to the 374A ? Seems like they have a quality issue, went back to Webbs and the guy there said they either wok forever or they leak off the bat tossed me another one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks