Water Won't stay hot-tankless oil burner

Users who are viewing this thread

rstier

Reaction score
Hi,
I just moved into a 10 year old home that has a Trianco tankless 3 zone oil burner system (Beckett Burner). When I go to take a shower, the first minute produces more than adequate hot water temperature. After that, the temperature slowly goes to luke warm, even with the shower valve turned all the way to hot. At some point, it does become hot again but only for a short time. I am the only one using water when this happens.

This doesn't appear to be a mixing valve setting because the initial temperature is fine. My previous home had a gas burner with a 50 Gal hot water tank, so this is a new experience for me. As I mentioned, there are 3 zones. 2 of the zones are for baseboard radiators and the third is for a radiant floor system in our family room. Any suggestions on what may be causing this?
Thanks!
Ron

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't know if the oil-based Trianco boiler is the same general design of the gas-fired one, but my experience with the thing is that it is not particularly reliable, and I'm going to replace mine soon (I keep saying that! -one of these days it will happen). In mine, the sensor that keeps the reservoir hot is slow to respond which allows the heat transfer to be lacking until it catches up. You could add a zone, use an indirect storage tank, and get similar (probably better) results than you had with your old hot water tank. Also, as I understand it Trianco is out of business, getting parts is possible, but not very timely. My local contractors won't work on them anymore, so I have to do it myself until I replace it. My unprofessional opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks