Water Softener Filling with water

Users who are viewing this thread

LANCE1313

Reaction score
I've had my water softener for approximately 5 years. It's a Greenway GWSC series softener. It's worked well until very recently. I attempted to let the brine tank completely empty of salt but realized some dirty residue in the bottom wouldn't clear. It wasn't a salt bridge, it was just a slushy sludge of residue. I disconnected my brine tank from the main water softener and cleaned it out. I'm presuming that I've done something unintended at this time because since then it seems like my brine tank continues to fill up.

I look in the brine tank and it's almost at the top. Much higher than the level previously seemed to be. Looking online I've attempted a few things. The water softener injector is not plugged. I pulled it out and could easily see through it.

I syphoned out a bunch of water today. I ran a manual Regeneration Cycle and then measured the water level. 4 hours later the water level was 4 inches higher suggesting that it was leaking even though it was not running. I have no idea where this leak would be

I'd love advice.

Reach4

Reaction score
Usual thought would be the brine valve, seals or piston.

If you have a service manual, you might get some useful information.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks