Water sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

Neen

Reaction score
I have Rheem platinum gladiator electric water heater. I tried flushing the water heater for the first time(new home owner) and made a slight mistake and got the water sensor, at the bottom, very wet. This caused the the sensor alarm to start beeping. I placed it on override for 24 hours. I dried around it the best I could. I have a fan running to help dry it. Is there anything else I can do and hoe long do you think it will take to dry. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
From the Rheem Users Manual. It does not imply that it is a one time sensor. Drying it out should restore it to normal.

24-Hour Leak Detection Override
Prior to using the 24 hour override feature, check to determine the source of the leak. If the leak is not coming from the water heater, stop the leak if possible and clean any excess water around the water heater. Contact the Rheem call center or your local plumber if leak detection alert persists after the 24 hour override. The use of a fan can shorten the time to dry any residual moisture around the water heater. If a leak is coming from the water heater, call for service.

Neen

Reaction score
I would like to thank for your help.I left a fan facing the water heater for about 13 hours and the red service light finally went out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks