Water pressure issues

Users who are viewing this thread

JTinKS

Reaction score
My wife and I purchased a home in rural KS in 2018 we noticed very quickly that if we were running the washer or dishwasher that there was almost no water pressure to any faucets or showers. Fast forward to now Jan. of 2020 we are remodeling the entire house and wanted to see what we could do to potentially give us more water pressure in the house. We were thinking of moving the pressure tank outside to an old cistern that is next to the hole for the pump thinking that might help. any advice would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Tell us about the well and the pump. And the softener. And any filters.

You can get some more pressure maybe with adjustments.

You may be losing pressure during higher flow because of restrictions, such as a clogged sediment filter.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Watch the pressure gauge on the tank while using water. If it is cycling on and off between 40 and 60 you have plenty of water and pressure, it is just not making it to the outlets. If the pressure on the gauge is low and stays low, you need to look at the production of the well and/or pump. The placement or anything about the tank probably has nothing to do with low pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks