Water Pressure Gauge

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by steveg91, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. steveg91

    steveg91 New Member

    Aug 14, 2006
    Hey Folks, I'm goint to put a water pressure gauge in line at the water heater, the plumbing supply tried to sell the type that goes on a hose bib with a screw connector, I'm thinking this type isn't made to be permanently under pressure and I need the type with an 1/4" MPT connection, such as a Watts DPG-1 or Pasco 2.5" Liquid Filled Pressure Gauge #1776. Is this true???

    How much should one of these gauges cost, there was anothere brand of this type at OSH for $10.99, is this about right or is this something that should cost much more???

    Thanks alot,
  2. Gary Swart

    Gary Swart In the Trades

    Sep 1, 2004
    Yakima WA
    Look around. There are gauges that have 1/4" threaded ends that will screw into an adapter so you can make a proper installation. I believe I got mine at Ace Hardware and it was in the price range you mentioned.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Water Pressure
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Shower Water Pressure Yesterday at 9:25 AM
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice low water pressure out of the blue Sep 3, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Increased water pressure after changing water supply lines? Sep 2, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Burst faucet and low water pressure Aug 26, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Water pressure problems Aug 26, 2017

Share This Page