Water level in toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

francus

Reaction score
I always lived in Europe and all toilets have a low standby water level, so the toilet gets easily dirty and you have to clean it. I mean the level of the water when toilet is no in use, just waiting for next user.

Visiting USA I have seen that toilets usually have a much higher water level and so are always clean, without doing anything.

Well, now I'm getting new bathrooms in my home and want this US high water level type. However it is very difficult to have an idea of the water level in a new no-installed toilet. Much more because I live abroad and need to order it over the internet. You see the photo but no more.

So how can I identify high water level toilets? Do they have a special name?

Also my wife wants a wall-hung toilet. So may you help be to find a wall-hung toilet with high standby water level for may new bathroom? Also, if a complementar wall-hung bidet is available much better.

Well many thanks if anyone may help

Franz

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The water level you refer to is usually called, "the water spot". Water spot is not standard by brand nor by model. The obsolete high water volume toilets of the past tended to have quite high spots, buy the new low flow are not so predictable. As to the rest of your question, I would hope Terry and/or a couple of the high volume sellers of toilets will respond with informed information. I would opine that a wall hung beside being more expensive, will greatly limit your choices. Welcome to the US. :)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that the water spot is predetermined by the trap that is built into the toilet so it is not adjustable. If you go to Terry's Report on Low Flow Toilets on the homepage, he makes mention of water spot or water level on at least some of the Totos. I did not go through the entire list for all Totos or for other brands, but you can do that.:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks