Water knock and low pressure from kitchen facuet

Users who are viewing this thread

asampson10

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Pfister WKP-70 faucet in my kitchen. About a week ago it started having water knock when we turned it open all the way. It would knock consistently and would not allow us to use it at full blast.The kitchen sink is the only faucet giving us issues. I read a few articles online and turned off the water to the house and opened the all faucets in the house to allow the 'air chambers to refill." After doing this a few times, the knock went away, but we now only have about 1/4 the water pressure we should at the kitchen sink, hot or cold water. I cleaned the aerator, which was just barely dirty, and that didn't help. I just removed the handle and the water coming out of the tube is very slow also, so I do not think the issue is the handle. I removed the cartridge but do not know how to tell if it is good or not... What else should I replace or clean?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sort of sounds like the diverter to the sprayer may be sticking.

FWIW, air chambers may or may not be in your system, and even if they are, shutting the water off may not cause them to drain. Much more reliable are engineered hammer arrestors. Think finger over the end of the straw...those tubes may not drain easily. And, they'll get filled with water eventually, anyway. An engineered one won't last forever, but longer and more reliably than an air column.

asampson10

Reaction score
It turns out that the valves to that faucet are not holding 100%. They are still letting a little water through when fully closed. I will replace the valves, but how can I fix the faucet, or do I need to replace the faucet now? BTW: The house was built in 1989 with all copper piping, the faucet is about 5 years old. I also bought a new handle sprayer and that did not solve the issue. So the issue is in the body of the faucet itself I think.

Last edited:

Allison Flynn

Reaction score
What was the fix for this? I’m also having a problem with my Price Pfister.

It’s a water hammer noise when I turn the water on, which seems to be fixed (at an increasingly lesser rate every time) by opening a faucet anywhere else in the house. I was going to replace the sprayer, because that hasn’t worked in forever and I can feel the vibrations the strongest in that particular hose.

I called a plumber and they said I needed to replace the whole faucet for a whopping $400! Eek!

If you found a solution, I’d be so thankful!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks