water filtration

Users who are viewing this thread

tooks007

Reaction score
Hi how are you all ? I own a cottage that is in north stonington Ct. on long pond lake reservation and i would like to know the best way to filter the water to bath with and to possibly run a washing machine setup .My parents own a large cottage on the same lake and have been bathing with the water for a few years and have never had skin problems etc. I will be running a pump that feeds from the lake currently, can't afford the well just yet.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
On the cheap, a sand filter, slow or fast with a UV light after would possibly give you water to drink if you monitor the bacteria levels.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have to check with your local code officer before you do anything. Pumping from a lake may or may not be acceptable. The plumbing code says that water supplied to fixtures has to be potable which basically means fit for human consumption. (no bugs and bacteria's) Years back we all pumped out of the lake and only used the water for bathing and cleaning but, what happens when young children come to visit or maybe someone that is not familiar with the situation? That's why the town that my lake front camp is in does not allow using lake water for anything other than irrigation. BTW at least once a year my lake goes septic from too much goose and duck poo in the water so even bathing with it can be hazardous.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks