Water filter for tankless water heater

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Alan Kish, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Alan Kish

Alan Kish New Member

I am buying a new tankless water heater for the first time. I have extremely hard water and I have a water softener. Will the softener help or hurt the tankless unit? and should I run an additional inline water filter before the tank as an extra precaution? If so any recommendations on which one. Many thanks.

2. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    If you have hard water a softener would be beneficial to cut down on annual maintenance. Filter if theres problem with contaminants. Every device added has a pressure drop associated with it filter 5-10 lbs, softener 15lb and the heater.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement