Washing Machine Vent Distances

Users who are viewing this thread

skylarsutton

Reaction score
Hello - thanks in advance for any replies/advice.

I am doing a laundry room addition on our house. My plan is to use one of those modern washing machine boxes with a standpipe+trap+vent on an interior wall. I found the UBC code sections about standpipe heights / trap distances and everything is good there... no surprises and I will be able to meet all of those requirements.

My question is on the venting side. In order to avoid making a new roof penetration I would like to tap into an existing vent line I have in the attic space above. In order to make that connection it would be aprox. 8 feet vertical, then turn and run aprox. 20' horizontal.

Is this length of horizontal run allowed? I found lots in the codes about the distances from fixture to vent, but not much about the total vent length.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks