Vibrating pipes when spigot is off

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikkiz43

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure this one out. Maybe you all can help a lady out.

I noticed a vibrating sound coming from my pipes when I turn water off in the house. All pipes are quiet until I use water and as I turn off any of the faucets the vibration starts and continues for about 20 seconds.

This all started when I took the hose off of the outside spigot for the winter. All summer the spigot was turned to "on" with a nozel with end of the hose.

I'm able to add the hose and nozel to the spigot and turn the spigot to "on" to stop the intermittent vibrating.

I replaced the spigot last week going that would work, but it didn't.

Any thoughts? It's driving me bonkers trying to figure it out.

Many thanks in advance.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like a loose washer on the hose since that is the only thing that has changed in the plumbing system. How close is the hose spigot to any other plumbing fixtures? Is it installed on the backside of the kitchen plumbing? Seems odd to me.

And just now A rock on my desk is vibrating as I type!!

DIYorBust

Reaction score
My first thinking is some kind of water hammer effect that the hose cushions a bit. Does the sound occur if you close the faucet very slowly?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks