Venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

Joeriley2005

Reaction score
What is the code rule for horizontal members of a dry vent? Attached is a picture of what I'm faced with to use an existing roof penetration. I'd rather not punch another hole in my new roof...

Thank you for your advice,

Joe

Attachments

• Dry Vent - Horizontal member length question.jpg
    Dry Vent - Horizontal member length question.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 245

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
there are some technical limits, but you are not even close to any problem. make sure the horizontal section slopes back to the vertical stack.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
what size vent is this? That distance requires at least a 3" vent according to the UPC.

Joeriley2005

Reaction score
It is a 2" pipe.

I thought the UPC Table 7-5 allowed 120 FT of total length for a 2" vent? I was just confused about the note: "Not to exceed 1/3 of the total permitted length of any vent may be installed in a horizontal position". I wanted to make sure it wasn't 1/3 of my total run.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
Oh I thought it was in feet, was wondering what kind of a building it was. LOL

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
The UPC says not more that 1/3 of the total allowable lenth (which is 40 ft). Some however interpret it to mean not 1/3 of the total lenth installed. Depends on interpretation of code officials in your area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks