Venting question, with fancy picture for clarity!

Users who are viewing this thread

CS2020

Reaction score
Hello all! I've browsed the forums on this venting question, but since its so hard to follow individual plumbing configurations when explained in writing, I decided to take a picture and ask here so there is no confusion!

This is for a new bathroom in the basement. The blue line is the 4" main drain that goes to sewer. The green line will be 3" that goes to toilet. The red is 2" that goes to shower and to sink, with a vent at sink location.

There is a yardstick laying on the ground near the toilet location to give you all a reference for estimated length of pipe runs. The question is whether or not the 2" vent at the sink location is adequate or not, and if not, where should different vent(s) be? The insulated wall behind the toilet is an exterior wall and the concrete is over a foot thick there (footing), as well as to the right of the shower drain (also exterior wall).

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to pass an inspection here, I'm just looking to see what will work and what won't

Thanks!
Bathroom.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Shower is not vented> Too bad you cut the concrete before consulting, since you SHOULD have run the shower drain to the left, under the wall, so its vent could have gone up in that wall.

CS2020

Reaction score
Shower is not vented> Too bad you cut the concrete before consulting, since you SHOULD have run the shower drain to the left, under the wall, so its vent could have gone up in that wall.

I can still cut the concrete. Can I just cut a tee into that shower drain line and go over to that wall that separates the shower and the toilet for a vent there, and then do you think I would be good?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks