Venting Question for Adding Shower to Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

kozzney

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for the knowledge from this forum I've gained by reading a lot!

However, I think I have a unique situation. I'm expanding a half-bath in the basement into a full bath, and after getting all the concrete up, realized that of course right where I want the new locations for the fixtures to be, it's right on top of the convergence of literally all the drain lines in my house. See picture 1, current config. There are two 3" main stacks in the house on either side, and are labeled as such in the picture as they combine into the 4" main sewer line to the street.

1. First question is this; to add a shower I know I need to have that trap vented. Because of very tight spacing, can I vent it from the 3" stack line #2 as shown in picture 2? It's within 4 developed feet of the proposed shower trap, and I'll use 2" line for the vent.

2. Also, can I vent the toilet through the washing machine drain as proposed? And just for clarity, I plan to tie the new lavatory (not shown) into the laundry lavatory drain (and replace the ABS -> PVC connection there...).

current config.jpg

proposed v1.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice, hopefully the pictures are clear of what I'd like to do.

kozzney

Reaction score
bump. Anybody have any idea if this will work? I guess the question is if a wet vent is allowed on a main branch drain or not? Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks