Venting a new Master Bath

Users who are viewing this thread

SC Huzr

Reaction score
Hello, I was hopeful I can get some input on my project. I was basically planning to run all the vents up and tie them in together in the small attic space/drop ceiling area and hit an existing 2" vent line on the opposite wall from the proposed new toilet (currently exists due to the W/D that has since been moved). Is the attached too much or unnecessary or can the toilet be wet vented from either the shower or back to back sink (my studs are 2x4)? The set up will be a raised floor about 8" above the highest concrete step and then in the lower area the 3" drain line runs just inside the new wall . Final project will provide a laundry room on the left and a master bath on the right with a back to back sink set up for a utility sink in the garage.

Scan_0001.jpg

WC pic.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either the shower or a lav will vent the toilet assuming it's run in 2".
The washing machine, downstream of everything else has it's own vent.

SC Huzr

Reaction score
Thanks! Just confirming....so there will be 3 vents total....shower/double lav/washer, correct? The only other option I am assuming you could have meant was that I could run 1 vent for the entire bathroom group/double lav and the separate 1 for the washer for a total of 2.

Also, once I get these vents into the attic space/drop ceiling (currently exposed beams) can I combine them in any order prior to them exiting through the roof? Asked differently, it doesn't matter where the washer vent ties in does it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
index.php

In the back to back drawing, the toilets come in downstream of the lavs.
I'm thinking there should be a vent for the shower, bring the toilet in downstream of the lavs and vent them too. Three vents, which can combine to a single 2".

SC Huzr

Reaction score
Well crap....I already installed and set the horizontal 3" and have it stubbed out to the exterior wall for now and have the toilet drain tied in "horizontally" and a stub out for the shower (would actually be a 2" vert drop to the horizontal 3") and the double lav (will be a 2" vertical drop into the horizontal 3") and the washer (horizontal 2" to horizontal 3").

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Well crap....I already installed and set the horizontal 3" and have it stubbed out to the exterior wall for now and have the toilet drain tied in "horizontally" and a stub out for the shower (would actually be a 2" vert drop to the horizontal 3") and the double lav (will be a 2" vertical drop into the horizontal 3") and the washer (horizontal 2" to horizontal 3").

But vented like the original drawing? That should work.

SC Huzr

Reaction score
Yes, I have the ability to install all vents as in original drawing as the stubs are all there. I will plan to run 4 vertical vents as as shown with the vent just before the toilet being 2" and the others 1.5" (shower, double lav, washer)....with the 2" running all the way out the roof as in the updated drawing. Is that ok?

And once they all get into the attic space they can be combined with tee's prior to the washer....the washer then tees in....and then the final vert 2" vent exits the roof....is that acceptable? Asked differently does it matter how or in what order they are combined prior to exiting the roof and is one final 2" vent exiting the roof sufficient? All ABS piping.
Scan_0001 B.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks