Valves will not close

Users who are viewing this thread

mrpoune

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first experience with sprinkler systems.

I am trying to install my electronic controller

First, when the controller sends a signal to the valves (Orbit), is it normal to hear a big "TIC".

Using the controller stations test feature, I have open the 3 valves I have. The run station of my controller (Rainbird) will not close them and now the only way to shut off the valve is to close the water. If I reopen the water then all the zones are activated.

Please help

Thanks
Fred,
Montreal, Canada.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Controllers often have relays, which will 'click'. The valves will also click when activated. Generally, barring a massive short circuit, a controller doe not hold valves open. If they fail to close, that is usually a mechanical problem in the valve: stuck solenoid, or stuck diaphragm. You can confirm this by unplugging the controller. If the valves stay open, it IS a valve problem.

mrpoune

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply...

I managed to close the valves by hand by unmounting them. Now, it is working fine. something wrong with the initial valve position maybe... I did also remove a rock from the valve....

Thanks
Fred

Mr_Pike

Reaction score
Any debris in a valve will cause a leak. Stuff as small as a grain of sand can cause a malfunction.

Now then with your problem. Did you get all the valves to close and work properly every time?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks