Valley, Unknown shower valve and cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

gofordavidg

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am currently trying to help my mother with a leaky shower. It's a one handle shower with no spout. From all the videos it sounds like I just need to change the cartridge; however, there are no identifying marks on the valve or on any of the products inside the valve. I've taken some pictures and I honestly wouldn't even call this a cartridge when compared to the other products I've seen. Any help identifying the brand so I know what to purchase and replace it with would be of great help.

Please note that the last photo is what I found that goes inside the valve.

Links to the photos I took.

valley-shower-06.jpg

valley-shower-05.jpg

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

gofordavidg

Reaction score
Just wanted to do a little update. After you guys told me it was a valley cartridge, I found one online for $11 along with the seats and springs for $6 with free shipping I had them shipped to me the next day. It took me about a total of 10 minutes to turn off the water and replace the cartridge. I now no longer have a single drop of water coming from the shower when it is in the off position. Very happy and thank you, couldn't have done it without you. Had I not been able to figure out what type of valve and cartridge it would have cost over $700 for a plumber to come in and replace the old one with a new delta one.

valley-zenk-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks